Sunday, January 30, 2005

Having Fun Playing

The last few days, I have decided to forget about my KGS ranking, and just have fun playing. Making sure that I get my daily problems in, and playing at least one game against a human, any human. I don't worry about them having question marks in their ranking, or not be ranked at all. I just play and enjoy, and try to do my best. Sometimes I even end up winning!

The weird thing is, since I have been ignoring the whole ranking issue, I have been creeping back to 15k on KGS again. OK, maybe I am not totally ignoring it, I want to get to 1d after all, but I am ignoring it as much as I can.

So am I starting to play better? Or am I just more relaxed about my games? Not sure, but I have to admit that I have had some very enjoyable games with a wide variety of people. I also have to admit that I have made my share of stupid mistakes, but that's how I learn what not to do, right?

No comments: