Monday, January 17, 2005

Beware The Snapback!

Played my husband tonight, and was doing pretty well. A bit behind, but I was feeling reasonably satisfied with the way I was playing. That is, till the end game. Dividing the last few points and then it happened. A snapback! Not a small one either, it was a monstrous one. Twenty three hardly earned stones disappeared into nothingness. How could I have let that happen????? I lost by about 50, so at least it wasn't the difference between winning and losing. But by letting that happen, I think I deserved to lose anyway!

Now I keep mumbling to myself 'Beware the snapback!' This was a good lesson. I wish I could say it won't happen again, but I know that might not be true. But I can say that I will do my darnedest best that it won't happen anymore!