Wednesday, February 02, 2005

Teaching Game

Today, I went to our go club and played an even up game against a 5k. Of course, I knew I would lose, but I really wanted to play a non-handicap game. The feeling of an even game is just totally different, and I wanted to practice my opening. We did a lot of discussing during the game, why to play or not to play a certain move. I ended up losing by 63. Yes, it's a lot, but it could have been worse. Some day I am going to beat him in an even up game. I just need to progress a bit more first :-)

In contrast, I played another even up game at KGS tonight. Which I managed to lose by 62.5. Almost the same as the earlier game today, but this time I made a few stupid mistakes. And this time I played against some one with the same ranking I have. Some day, I really should start thinking before I make a move. And even more important, start questioning why my opponent makes a certain move. I often get lost in my own plans, without considering my opponent's. Oh well, live and learn.

I got myself a palm pilot (an older one) for geocaching, but figure I can use it for go too. I am going to try to download problems on it, so I can study them more easily. For now I am still struggling to figure out how to do it all, but looking forward to using it. Will make it easier to do my daily 50 problems.

No comments: