Thursday, January 26, 2006

Annoying Invasions

Just venting about a game I played last night, on one of my mess-up accounts. I played a 12k on KGS and things went ok until he started a bunch of unreasonable invasions in my corners. The first one, I thought he just had misread, even although it seemed far fetched. After that, it just got annoying. I felt that he was hoping for mistakes from my side, because there was no reasonable way that any of his invasions could work. Very annoying.

And of course, there are the times when an annoying invasion like that does work, because I do screw up. On the other hand, then I usually see it as a learning opportunity to play the whole game.

Last night wasn't one of them though, I ended up winning the game by almost 60 points, some of which he had given to me for free.

Good reminder for me to only invade when it is reasonable, since those senseless invasions are just rude.

No comments: