Thursday, January 12, 2006

New Study Plan

Yet another change in the making. I have decided that I will focus more on reviewing pro games and less on doing problems. This is after Janice Kim's article on getting stronger in the Jan 2nd AGA Ejournal. She says that study time should be spent on game records and tsumego problems, in a time ratio of about 2 or 3 to 1. My current studying is more like 1:10, I do way more problems than studying pro games.

My new study plan will be to use about 2/3 of my time on pro games, and 1/3 on problems. The first pro I want to study is Yamashita Keigo, because I like his style, but the last few days I have been distracted by Luo Xihe games, because of the Samsung finals. He lost his game last night, by 3.5 :( Tonight will be the deciding game, he'd better beat Lee Changho!

Sunday will be the MGA tournament. We will go there with three members of our go club. Looking forward to a serious day of playing. I have decided to just enter at 5k and see whether I can get my rank up by playing. I have no idea what would be a good number otherwise anyway, so can as well use my official rating. Now I just need to win all my games :)

No comments: