Saturday, July 05, 2008

Simul Game

Yes, I know, I have been absent from this blog for too long. I seem to have an overabundance of life lately. Not in a bad way, just in an overwhelming way. One good part of life was becoming an American citizen yesterday. Wow! Huge step, I am no longer Dutch.



But back to the weiqi work shop in the Woodlands. The last day, our teacher gave a simul. We paired up to decrease the number of boards. The group was way too big for individual boards. The pairing up worked out quite well. It was nice to have someone to talk about the game and discuss best next move.



Of course, we ended up losing the game, but we had a great grand finale, in which we suicided our own corner. Well, technically it was a ko, but we had played all our ko threats as timesujis.



And yes, that was the Tsumego of the Day I posted last month. Enjoy watching us mess it up.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad to see you sticking to it.

And while I understand the practical issues around becoming a U.S. citizen, I can't say that everyone would want to actually celebrate that particular type of event.