Tuesday, July 04, 2006

UVGC Tourney

Last week, we had a tourney at our local go club. It was tiny, but lots of fun. We had 12 players, ranging from 4d to 20k. It was the very first tournament ever for three of our club members. They all did well, I hope this will motivate them to come to the Boston tournament in 1.5 weeks.

I didn't do so well, managed to lose all four of my games. Impressive huh? It actually wasn't that bad, I had two good even games which I lost on komi. The other two games were giving high handi, and I always have a hard time doing that. Guess I now know what to work on. I didn't even keep track of my handi games, but here are the links to my first game and second game.

The funny thing is that one of my 'day before tourney' stresses usually is 'What if I lose all four of my games????' Now I did, and I lived, got that out of the way. Less things to stress about ^^.

Been doing tons of problems and more problems. My reading still sucks ^^ I guess I'll have to keep pushing till it doesn't anymore.

No comments: