Sunday, July 09, 2006

Joseki Ponderings

Last week at club, I played this game, I am W.



I felt move 17 for B, the pincer was overplayish, but I sure did a very good job of making it a wonderful move. I have been thinking back to this position and trying to figure out what I could have done differently.

I could have chosen a different joseki variant, A and B were the ones which came to mind.



The counter pincer at B isn't joseki, but feels somehow more right on this board.

Or maybe I should have approached differently.



Will have to ponder this more, I know the result I got in my game was horrible. Although I have to admit that that was not only the joseki choice, but also the fact that I cut when I shouldn't have cut yet.

So much to study, so little time ^^

1 comment:

Arnaud said...

Th position at the top also happened during the European Women's Goe Championship last year in the game between Zhao Pei and Alexandra Urban. The game was covered on KGS so you can find the record of the game at http://kgs.kiseido.com/games/2005/10/1/ewgc05b2.sgf