Friday, June 16, 2006

Annoyed

... with myself, I have been messing up more games than usual. Some days it feels like I'll never be able to play go. Yeah, yeah, I know, welcome to the club ^^.

I have been at this point before, it seems to happen when I am experimenting too much. I am learning so many new things, and use them totally inappropriately, just for the fun of it. You know the classical 'When all you have is a hammer, everything looks like a nail.'

I also still have focus problems, not only when the kids are awake. At least then I can blame them and they definitely make me lose seven stones at least. But with all on line play, it is so easy to websurf in one window, chat in another, catch up on email, and oh yeah, I was playing a game of go too... Bad habit. Should get over it. I do a lot better at over the board games.

On the upside, usually when every game seems to go wrong, it isn't long before things fall into place and I emerge at the other side of frustration, a tiny bit stronger. So I should just stop whining, do more tesuji problems and get rid of the multitasking habit. Sounds easy, right?

No comments: