Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Mind Game

I was playing a game and created an L+1 group in the corner with two hanes. Yes, I know that is supposed to be dead but I so desperately wanted sente and I decided that most likely my opponent wouldn't know how to kill it anyway. I bet you can predict where this is going, can't you?

 


Well, I was right, he didn't know how to kill. BUT! In the game I totally messed up my reply to his wrong move. My mind was fatalistic 'Well, this is the punishment for that tenuki and I will die anyway so why try too hard?'. The next day I self reviewed the game and my mind noticed 'Oh! That is sooooooooooooo basic, of course that doesn't kill and why didn't I see that during the game???!'

I guess the big question is, how can I make my mind behave a bit more reasonable during my games?
Posted by Picasa

No comments: