Wednesday, January 06, 2010

Chinese Opening

It feels good to be playing again. Who needs a life anyway?

Yesterday I played Chinese opening as black, and met a move I hadn't seen before. White 6 is standard, black 7 is something I want to study more. I was afraid he would attach to my komoku stone and I would die a miserable death during the complications of that joseki, but no, he played an unexpected white 8.

 


I'll post the rest of this game in a few days, I am curious to hear what people would play now.
Posted by Picasa

10 comments:

Patrick Rogers said...

Maybe cap 8 to strengthen your 7 stone then attack white's 6 stone with a shoulder hit at E12?

Meepy said...

I'd consider e16 or e9

Nexik said...

e9 seems to be the most natural and powerful either.

Sorin Gherman said...

Why play 7 if you are afraid of white attaching on 3-4 stone?

Play 7 as shimari and feel comfortable - that's perfectly fine.

Anonymous said...

E12 as the first stone in order to push the alone stone up.

pmurk (15-16 k)

hanayeol said...

white 8 means,
< W 10,C > < B 11,C > < W 11,D >
this means the connection between white 2 and white 4.

So, I think...
< B 11,C > or < B 9,E >

Todd Sprang said...

E16

T.S said...

Nanny! I'm glad to hear I wasn't the only one taking a break! I also feel good, starting up again. granted my rank is negligible right now, but if I care too much about my rank i'm liable to let pride get the best of me, and I'd stop playing again.

I wish you all the luck in the world for your gaining of another stone.

RUSH said...

I'm a "victim" of Hikaru no Go. Too. ^.^ I shortly after got myself a Go board. Now I play on the server KGS. If anyone were to just try the game they would probably love it as much. I usually visit this site: Game of go Books

Anonymous said...

E9 seems like the shape move
but maybe the corner is more urgent.