Friday, May 29, 2009

Balance

We spent a lot of time playing go. Seriously considering our moves. Reading, or at least pretending to read. Trying to remember a certain joseki. Lots of thinking.

 


Wherever you looked, there were always people playing go. Outside, inside, everywhere.

 


To balance all that mental work, we took a nice walk every day. On Saturday we walked around a local pond. It is amazing how much better one can play after having been outside for a bit. Feeling the grass between one's toes. Watching the geese in the water. I am glad it is part of our Woodlands routine.

 


This island was quite relaxing. And the walk reinforced the concept of balance both in my go playing as well as in my real life.

 


I guess I'll go to bed before I go all philosophical on y'all.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: